Grand Gold for Meneghetti Val Gambalera
The Istrian wine Val Gambalera 2015 of the Meneghetti winery won the Grand Gold at the international Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, hosted by Vinistra from May 11 to 14. 2023. Along with the medal of the highest brilliance, this excellent red wine also won the title of the best-rated wine from Croatia.
Among the 7,504 wine samples from all over the world that arrived for evaluation at the Žatika Hall in Poreč, 220 came from Croatia, of which 150 were from Istria.
In addition to the Grand Gold for Meneghetti winery for Val Gambalera from 2015, Croatia won 23 gold and 27 silver medals.
Concours Mondial de Bruxelles Gold Winners
23 Croatian wineries were decorated with gold, including 14 Istrian wines:
- Agrolaguna Festigia Castello 2020.
- Marcheta Palun Cuvee 2020 and Merlot 2020,
- Kabola Amfora Malvazija 2020,
- Vivoda Malvazija Istria 2022,
- Dobravac Simminor 2018 and Fuga 2019,
- Poleis Malvazija Istarska 2022,
- Živolić Merlot 2021,
- Dešković Chardonnay barrique 2021,
- Degrassi Terre Bianche Cuvee Rouge Riserva 2013,
- Poletti Cabernet Sauvignon 2016,
- Deklić Familia 2016.
- Fakin Chardonnay 2022.
Gold also arrived in Kvarner, it was won by Anton Katunar for Žlahtina Saint Lucia 2022, and four golds went to Slavonia and Croatian Podunavlje:
- Kutjevo d.d. for Maximo Nero 2019,
- Belje Plus for Frankovka 2009 and Cabernet Sauvignon-Merlot 2020 and
- Goldberg Chardonnay 2006.
Four golds also arrived in Dalmatian wineries:
- Grabovac Syrah Riserva 2020,
- Korlat Merlot Eco 2019 and Korlat Supreme 2015 and
- Prović Dux 2019.
Concours Mondial de Bruxelles Silver Winners
Of the 27 silver medals won by Croatian wineries, 15 were won by Istrian wines:
- Bernobić Vicin Malvazija Istarska 2022.
- Marcheta Malvazija Venka 2019.
- AB vina Malvazija Istarska 2022.
- Kabola Amfora Muskat Momjanski 2020.
- Benvenuti Malvazija Livio Benvenuti 2021,
- Dobravac Sonata Riserva 2020.
- Robi Damijanić Malvazija Istarska 2022.
- Agrolaguna Malvazija Istarska Festigia 2022,
- Vina Laguna Malvazija Istarska 2022 i
- Agrolaguna Festigia Malvazija Istarska Riserva Vižinada 2016,
- two Malvazijas of the Istrian winery Deklić from 2021,
- Monteistra WM Malvazija 365 from 2022.
- Fakin Teran Il Primo 2019,
- Ipša Santa Elena White 2019 i
- Kadum Malvazija Istarska 2022.
In Kvarner, the silver medal went to Ivan Katunar for Sansigot 2018, and from Slavonia and Croatian Podunavlia, silver was won by:
- Galić Sauvignon Blanc 2022,
- Belje Cabernet Sauvignon 2020 and Merlot 2020.
- Badel Vezak Sauvignon 2021 and
- Martin Albus Frankovka 2018.
from Dalmatia Crljenak Miljas from 2020, Kairos Crljenak from 2016, Korta Katarina Pošip The American White from 2021, Badelov Korlat Cabernet Sauvignon from 2019 and Pošip Hvar Hills from 2022.
At the jubilee 30th edition of the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, Vinistra, the association of winegrowers and winemakers of Istria, confirmed itself as a top organiser, 320 judges stayed on the Istrian peninsula and during the world’s largest judging, they visited numerous wineries, as well as the biggest tourist attractions of Istria.